Privacy and protection of personal information
Our financial ties and insurers
Aviva is the main insurer we mainly do business with and with whom we have financial ties. Among our other insurers, we have AIG, Economical Insurance, Echelon General Insurance Company, Estrie Richelieu Group, Mutuelle d’assurance agricole, HSB BI&I, L’Unique General Insurance, La Souveraine General Insurance Company, Northbridge Insurance, Optimum, PAFCO, Intact Insurance, Travelers Canada, Trisura and Wynyard.
At Leclerc Insurance and Financial Services inc.( also called Leclerc Insurance), we are committed to protecting and keeping private our policyholders’, prospect and partners’ personal information.
Furthermore, the Firm and its damage insurance agents are bound to confidentiality by their Code of Conduct.
Personal Information is collected by Leclerc Insurance and its representatives for the purposes of:
- Communicating with you
- Underwriting and pricing your policy application and any subsequent policy changes or renewals
- Servicing your ongoing insurance needs
- Investigating and settling claims
- Detecting and preventing fraud
- Analyzing business results, compiling statistics, performing administrative tasks such as accounting and information system activities and conducting marketing and underwriting research and modeling
- Reporting to regulatory or industry entities
- Providing you with information on our products and services
- Training employees and monitoring for quality assurance, and;
- Acting as required or authorized by law
At Leclerc Insurance, we identify to our customers the rationale for collecting the personal information at or prior to its actual collection.
Our consumers in turn must expressly consent to its collection, or consent may be implied by their actions. It’s our promise to ensure that the personal information collected on our customers is only used for the purpose for which it was originally intended.
As subject to federal and provincial laws governing the protection of personal information, notably the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (C-28) and Quebec’s Act Respecting the Protection of Personal Information in the Private Sector, we are firmly committed to protecting information provided to us by our clients and prospective clients and to ensure their rights are respected by any means necessary.